• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bones, anyone

Lillibet

Lillibet still searches for her family, but the act of it has become less frantic. They sit in the back of her mind always - Link, Oceane, and Ledger - but enough time has passed since they'd disappeared that she has lost the energy to gallop across the whole of Beqanna shouting their names. But that is not to say that she has stopped wandering. An agreement had been struck with Herrin, their destination decided, but they've yet to make their way to the desolate canyons together.

And so she roams, this time methodically over the treacherous land-bridge where her home had once stood. She tries not to wonder what portions of Sylva and Loess still remain to help those without wings or fins to cross from the mainland to Tephra, which landmarks from her childhood would be sitting quietly off to the side where the deep sea now laps.

Lillibet is winded by the time she arrives safely at the newly-created shoreline of Tephra. Her pearl white coat glistens, dark with sweat that draws chills across her frame whenever she's met with a sweep of the wind. The volcanic island of Tephra is warmer than the common lands she'd made her home for the winter, and with her arrival comes a quiet sigh of relief. The warmth reminds her of Loess in the summer, though admittedly it's more humid on this side of the world.

The bygone princess of Sylva continues through Tephra, her stride leisurely, in hopes of crossing paths with someone who may have seen her family since the rise of Baltia.

Eventually, the western shoreline greets her. An ivory woman stands alone at the water's edge and Lillibet guides herself towards the stranger. Where once would have sat a pompous smirk now rests an apologetic smile as she nickers to draw the mare's attention to her. She'd never been a fan of Oceane's diplomatic teachings, but the young woman is not naive enough to cause issues where she may be ale to find help.

"Hello there," she comes to a stop a few yards from the stranger, "I'm sorry to interrupt you. I am Lillibet, of Sylva."

Sylva, beneath the sea.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bones, anyone - by Lillibet - 01-15-2022, 07:18 PM