• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  everything I've ever let go of has claw marks on it; Agetta

Part of Agetta is surprised that he actually comes towards her - that his touch is real and physical and she loses the fight against tears as he drops near her and does not break contact. That part had expected him to still keep distance between them, even if she did mean everything to him. She had expected some confirmation that what they had was not enough.

It feels like enough now as she leans into every touch and returns them when and wherever she can. It has to be enough, she doesn’t think she could handle any other option.

“Yes.” She doesn’t need to think about her answer to his question - because they are the same. She will always forgive others without hesitation and then spend decades berating herself over every little thing. And forgiveness for Garbage comes without hesitation. Even if she is angry, even if she is hurt - both of these things pale in comparison to how much she loves him.

Although the very act of loving him has spawned other things for her to hate herself for - she cannot bring herself to regret it or to wish it away. Not when his touch on her neck makes her believe that this time, everything is going to be fine.

So she doesn’t elaborate or speak about her fears. She focuses as she always does on trying to make sure there are none in his mind. “You know I love you too, right?” Though she wants to pull away enough to look clearly into those beautiful eyes, she doesn’t move her mouth from his cheek - doesn’t dare break contact and risk the chance of either of them being lost. “I have meant it every time I’ve said it. I meant it before I said it and meant it even when I didn’t know who you were.”

Agetta remembers how her body had seemed to know even when her mind hadn't.

She breathes him in, deep and slow breaths. Her eyes wish to close but every time they do she forces them open - still unwilling to confine herself to another darkness, and unwilling to miss a second of him. “I want to know what you did to get me out, but that can wait.” At least she hopes it can be a future worry - one that, with luck, they can face together.

“I missed you so much.”

AGETTA

@garbage
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything I've ever let go of has claw marks on it; Agetta - by Agetta - 02-19-2022, 03:18 PM