• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a fish out of water

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He watches her - the subtle shifting of a creature used to the ceaseless motion of tides and currents, the uncomfortable flick of a tail. He imagines he would feel much the same under the ocean, missing the steadiness of dry land. But then, he had never imagined diving beneath the waves as a possibility for him, never even dreamed of trying. He is a creature of earth as much as she is one of sea.

His grin widens at her reply, the blue of his eyes deepening into a sapphire gleam with barely concealed mirth. “The air stings your wounds then?” he asks wryly, half expecting no answer. Of course, she doesn’t have persistent bone creating wounds in her skin, so it’s hardly a fair comparison. He chuckles then, before adding in an amused lilt, “And I do not see the appeal of living underwater, so I suppose we are well matched.”

With a tip of his head, eyes flashing behind the glow of his mask, he finally returns her introduction. “Reave.”

Shifting restlessly, he paces half around her, though his gaze never strays far. He rarely stays still, so this is nothing out of the ordinary for him. What is odd though, is his uncommon focus on something that benefits him so little (though, to be completely honest, he hasn’t known her long enough to know how the future might settle. Perhaps it would, even if it does not appear so now). Still, he does not shift away.

“How do you hear with no ears?” he asks, continuing their conversation as though his restlessness had not just interrupted it. His own ears flick briefly back, as though to emphasize his point. “I have to imagine sound is very different underwater.” His lips pull into a quick, almost boyish grin. “And yet you seem to have no trouble understanding me here in the air.”

reave

@Rezza

Messages In This Thread
    a fish out of water - by Rezza - 12-27-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-11-2022, 10:53 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-19-2022, 05:32 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-20-2022, 10:18 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-21-2022, 02:06 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-24-2022, 09:57 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-31-2022, 02:20 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 02-03-2022, 10:04 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 02-16-2022, 10:01 AM