• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I made a deal with the stars

Although the excitement was arguably to the west, when Mazikeen leads Firion out of Hyaline she travels east. She could worry about their home disappearing into the sea next from where she was without seeing the evidence of how it had wiped out the southern lands. They still go towards the sea, since it seems to be everywhere these days, but hopefully a more peaceful side of it. He could, she’s sure, just teleport them but it feels good to grow wings and soar through the mountains where the summer night is still cool.

She keeps waiting for her restlessness to return - it had been such a constant itch in the back of her mind for such a large part of her life. But it hasn't yet. Things may not be perfect, there may still be grief and the looming threat of Gale and she may still worry that she’ll wake up one day and find out this was all a dream, but for the most part she enjoys the relative peace that has enabled her to heal and she does not waste time on wishing for anything else.

She enjoys the thrill that sparks through her still when she glances over at Firion and knows he’s real and close and for some unknown but wonderful reason - he loves her.

Silver Cove is quiet in the moonlight, the water radiant as Mazikeen lands on the beach and the white feathered wings disappear. Her glowing horns twist their shape too, moving away from her face becoming more antler-like as her thoughts drift back into the past.

Bright orange eyes scan first the water and then the surrounding area, those watchful instincts searching for threats (even if she's confident in their combined abilities), before she looks to Firion with an easy smile. “Sometimes I forget I used to live here.”

mazikeen

@firion

Messages In This Thread
    I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 12-08-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by firion - 12-20-2021, 05:02 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 12-20-2021, 08:15 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by firion - 01-16-2022, 05:19 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 01-16-2022, 10:16 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by firion - 01-17-2022, 11:33 PM
    RE: I made a deal with the stars - by Mazikeen - 01-19-2022, 10:45 AM