• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you could be the one that I keep
    A small huff escapes her at the mention of Icicle Isle and she exaggerates the shiver that runs through her, using it as an excuse to press a little closer to him. Any attempt at feigning annoyance is easily dismissed by the shine in her eyes, mirroring the warmth in his voice as he had teased her.

He mentions Tephra and she thinks of the lush green jungle with some hope. “A little, I’ve explor-” She cuts herself off, head turning back towards the woods behind them. An instinct, even though what she is listening to is only inside of her mind. The last of the tension eases out of her and though Altissima doesn’t doubt Tarian will understand what that means, she doesn’t hesitate to make sure he’s as updated as she is. “Winter found them. They’re on the other side of the woods, near the meadow.”

Their family was safe. There was no telling just yet of the others - they were nothing but vague figures to her anyway. Important in a sense because they were important to Tarian, but the members of Loess she cared about had now been accounted for. She would not hesitate to search for the others if he asked her to help - it just would not be something she would even think to do.

Back to happier thoughts - like the warm Tephra air she had used to escape the first bitter winter after the eclipse ended, when she realized how much the cold terrorized her. 

“Tropical would be a nice change. Lots of sunlight.” The air shimmers around them, reflecting off of the murky water still thick with the dust of Loess. Would it ever settle, or would this channel be tinged red and brown forever with what had been lost?

She isn’t really thinking about that though, as her mouth traces a line across Tarian’s skin. “Do you think you’ll still glow beneath the jungle canopy?” Altissima asks quietly, a grin growing as she tilts her head up to the nearby trees, pretending to be focused on them or imagining their denser cousins on the western coast.

altissima

@Tarian
    [Image: willowsticker_by_space1993_ddeo27s_small.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you could be the one that I keep - by Altissima - 11-30-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 11-30-2021, 09:03 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 12-07-2021, 07:59 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 01-17-2022, 07:20 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Altissima - 01-30-2022, 08:06 PM
    RE: you could be the one that I keep - by Tarian - 03-04-2022, 04:37 PM