• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  bare-boned and crazy, any
    I shine only with the light you give me

You have seen many colors in your short life. Greens and blues and teals and white and black. But for all the colors you have seen, how is it you have seen so very little red? And maybe this is why the way it rushes down her faces holds you so tightly, so fascinated. Or maybe you are your father’s son and you cannot stand to see someone cry.

She cries and she smiles. You have not yet learned this art, so the conflicting expressions are entirely lost on you.

Die.
    She says.

“Die?”
    You ask.

Somewhere there are red flags going up in the back of your mind, but you either don't see them or don’t mind; anything outside of the tedious cold island life. You watch her for a moment longer, and you are a whirlwind of disturbingly sweet smiles and clever but not particularly intelligent thoughts, without the motivation to do much more than stare and consider.

“I don’t know..”
    Don’t know what?
    It doesn't matter.

“You can help me?” You ask because you do not know any better. Your parents thoughts you would be safe, they thought they kept you safe. It isn’t your fault, none of this is your fault. “How?” You ask and you close your mouth and push your tongue against the back of your teeth, and they taste like danger. You think…you like it.

Wylder; my feet knew the path, we walked in the dark, in the dark
    never gave a single thought to where it might lead

image by Gary Bendig
    @miseria

Messages In This Thread
    bare-boned and crazy, any - by miseria - 11-13-2021, 07:18 PM
    RE: bare-boned and crazy, any - by Wylder - 11-13-2021, 09:09 PM
    RE: bare-boned and crazy, any - by miseria - 11-13-2021, 10:18 PM
    RE: bare-boned and crazy, any - by Wylder - 11-14-2021, 10:46 PM
    RE: bare-boned and crazy, any - by miseria - 11-20-2021, 11:54 AM
    RE: bare-boned and crazy, any - by Wylder - 12-10-2021, 10:37 PM