• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when we are apart i feel it too
    His question surprises her, and her response confirms what he has suspected - she remembers Sickle too.

He had almost convinced himself that Mazikeen’s memories had been stolen as well. That - like him - her mind had been rifled through and manipulated, till all memories of the blue girl had been wiped from her head. But no - she knows who Sickle is.

She’d been hiding Sickle from him.
    Even after what she’d said about loving him.

Malik tries to keep his emotions from his face, watching as his mother wilts in front of him. Is she going to say anything, he wonders? Does he have to ask again? The thought of pressing his mother for information is uncomfortable. He wouldn’t have dared before Myrna, and now? Now she looks very sad, and the voice with which she finally speaks is accented by tears that glitter in her orange eyes.

It is not what he’d expected, a tale of how his mother had lost Sickle and then chosen to leave her. He thinks of the way that his sister had said the word Mazikeen, and knows that she feels herself better without their mother too.

She had left out the part of the story that Sickle had told him. The part that came before her own story, when Gale had stolen her from Tephra and done something to her here in the mountains before sending her away again. Does he ask how that fits in? Does he ask why they’d let him stay and not his sister?

“I met her in the Forest.” he finally says, still hesitant to ask and choosing instead to answer her whispered question. “She doesn’t...she’s a...” The words are difficult, and licks his suddenly dry lips. “She only knows the way you were. Before. But I told her you were different now.”

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-13-2021, 12:08 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-13-2021, 07:42 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-21-2021, 10:32 AM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-21-2021, 06:38 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 11-26-2021, 09:45 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 11-27-2021, 08:33 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 12-04-2021, 10:49 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 12-07-2021, 09:32 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Malik - 12-19-2021, 05:46 PM
    RE: when we are apart i feel it too - by Mazikeen - 12-22-2021, 10:04 AM