• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground
    Myrna stretches her wings as her mother considers the request, mindful not to pester her too much lest it guide her toward a ‘No’. The scaled limbs are long and thin, with the taut leather between the slender bones being the same stormy blue as her eyes, and the scales the same palest gold as her body.

Like the bird wings she can sometimes grow, these are not quite ready to carry her in flight. She tries to flap them though, just in case, but does not have time to get carried away before her mother is agreeing that yes - they can set something on fire!

Myrna does her best to use her listening ears while her mother explains the rules, but she does bounce from side to side just a little bit, a manifestation of her excitement that she is too small to conceal. They can burn a tree, her mother says, one that has no residents. This makes sense, and Myrna nods agreeably, having once managed to become a squirrel long enough to befriend a pair of the pastel blue rodents.

She would not want to destroy anyone’s home, or cause undue worry. But she does want to set something on fire, and is happy to follow her mother’s rules to be able to do so.

She will have to stay a dragon the whole time, Mazikeen says, and that is the only thing that worries her. The whole time?

“What if...” she is hesitant, her scaled face wrinkling in consternation. Myrna is reluctant to voice her worry, lest her mother change her mind, but she can tell from the Very Serious look on Mazikeen’s face that she needs to be extra honest.

“What if I can’t do it the whole time? Sometimes...sometimes it’s hard to be a dragon for a long time.”

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the earth is moving but i can't feel the ground - by Viszla - 11-04-2021, 01:29 PM