• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I won't be a grain of sand slipping down the hour glass; any

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He stirs when the soft thump of steps reach his ears, heralding the arrival of another. As gregarious a creature as he is, he had hoped to find someone. He always hopes to find someone, if for no other reason than to alleviate the boredom that looms ever-present, waiting to fling him into his next ill-advised adventure.

Like her, Reave cannot claim surprise at the sight of her. Her face is not a familiar one, but it is expected all the same. Her greeting is simple, making no demands of him. The call of a passing stranger. One that could be nodded off as easily as it could be accepted and built into more. Sometimes so much more, and yet other times nothing at all.

Yet he finds his lips tilting into a familiarly rakish smile, blue eyes gleaming behind the mask shrouding his features. Even with the weight of his reality resting so heavily on his armored shoulders, he cannot seem to quell the vivacious, reckless charm that is his armor as much as the one punching through his skin.

It would be so easy to return her bland hello with one of his own. So incredibly easy to slip into yet another conversation about the most inane subjects that always seem to begin any relationship. And so incredibly boring. At this moment, he cannot stomach even the thought of it. He might truly go mad if that is all this morning holds.

Instead he asks, “Do you ever wonder what is beyond all this? The secrets behind it that give everything that exists a breath of life?”

He’s never been terribly philosophical before, but they are questions that have rested too heavily on him in recent days. Not because he wants a philosophical answer, but because he wants to know. It’s a foolish wish, but he has always been an undeniably foolish creature in this respect.

reave

@Ilma I'm sorry it took me 85 years D; Reave apparently is feeling philosophical too though hahaha

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't be a grain of sand slipping down the hour glass; any - by Reave - 12-13-2021, 09:52 AM