• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you couldn't hide it from me, casimira

Savior

He would move the moon and the sun and the earth for her if he could.
    He would find Gale and reduce him to ash if he could.
    He would do anything it took to chase the sadness from her soul.

But this is the most he can offer her, this promise that he will protect her. And he means it with everything he has, though he could not fault her if she did not believe him. Because he had been meant to protect Tephra and he had failed at that. She has no reason to trust that he will not fail her, too.

Tephra has always been the most important thing in his life. But she is here, tucked under his neck, and he’s holding onto her hard and fast and realizing that there has never been anything in his life more important than her. 

And it makes sense that they should occupy the throne together. Because she is a part of him and he wants to believe that he is a part of her, too. They are two parts of one whole. He smiles, his intense need to convince her that he is worthy of her slowly draining out of him, replaced instead by his old familiar softness.

He lets the words settle around them. This new truth. He will not have to be without her again and his heart beats out a strong, contented pulse. He wonders if she can feel it. He wonders if she knows how completely he loves her.

You will never have to be apart from me,” he murmurs. “I love you,” he tells her and he means it so fiercely that his voice wavers. “Everything will be all right,” he adds, though it’s hard to know if this is the truth. Because her mother is gone and he knows that what he has promised her is not enough to bring the Archangel back but it’s the most he can offer her without breaking his promise.

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you couldn't hide it from me, casimira - by savior - 10-16-2021, 01:02 PM