• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open quest]  if you go down in the woods today...
    it’s a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul --

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” she says, startled, to the girl that is looking at her mouse ears. Leave it to her to pick out the one thing that actually belonged to someone else. This is exactly why she never leaves home.

She is about to figure out a way to rub the headband off when she suddenly feels….different. Her entire body begins to shift and contort, her once long, flowing tail turning into something much more rodent like. Her eyes widen as her hooves transform into paws, and when the transformation is complete, she wonders if this is what her parents felt like when they shifted into dragons.

Somehow, this does not seem nearly as magnificent.

She looks again at her paws, and glances back at her tail as she lifts it, and then tries to roll her eyes upward to look at what she is sure are mouse ears. But she was still nearly horse-sized…..wasn’t that an unusual size for a rodent (lol)?

Reluctantly, she begins to walk into the forest. Her steps seem lighter, she notices, but she does not have much time to think about it when the trees around her begin to tremble and groan, and the sound of cackling bounces back and forth through the forest. Something rushes by her extremely close, close enough that she feels it against her shoulder, and the surprised squeak that comes out of her mouth startles even her. It is then that a pine cone hits her on the side of the head, and then another, and then another. She starts to run, a torrent of pine cones being pelted against her, along with that same chorus of cackles. She can’t tell where the pine cones are coming from—she almost swears she sees a tree itself hurl one at her, but that can’t be right.

I wish I was the size of an actual mouse, she thinks to herself, and suddenly she is somersaulting across the forest floor, and when she finds her footing she is much, much smaller. Without pausing to consider what had just happened she scurries her way through the underbrush, finding it easier to dodge the pine cones this way, and she is just about out of the forest when a tree root lifts up, the force of it managing to fling her through the air. She hits the ground with another loud squeak, returning back to her unusual size.

When she sees a cave up ahead she does not even think twice. She sprints towards it, desperate for a way to outrun the witches and their pine cones.

-- rare.

I did not have the energy or motivation to write a good post so I did you a favor and left this as short as possible

Messages In This Thread
    if you go down in the woods today... - by Jassal - 10-03-2021, 10:26 PM
    RE: if you go down in the woods today... - by Rare - 10-10-2021, 11:35 PM