• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  For some it flows, for some it drips
    A mare approaches, her soft pastel green coat a reminder of his own; he's not as out of place as he might have feared from seeing most of the common folk in the field and meadow. Where some sported wings and horns, like he, and were either larger or smaller than average, still most other equines sported simple colours like chestnut or bay, with only a touch of something else; only dipped in blue or red or green. Not that it would be really important, but he recognizes that like calls to like.

She makes conversation easily and warmly, which he can appreciate. The time-old stallion nods to her as she comments, his emerald-green eyes focused on her for the moment she speaks, then diverts to the flora and the light-reflecting waterfall as he answers. "Certainly," he agrees. Yet before he can ask her name or give his own, she continues to introduce herself, to which he follows suit. "My name's Ahti," her tells her. "I've just arrived from a most peculiar place, so I must ask forgiveness, but could you tell me about this land and its customs? Are any deities present, other rules one should abide by?" He had, after all, not truly understood the mists he had travelled in, though he had suspected that it had to do with the explorer's subconscious wishes and dreams; whomever's desire seemed strongest (or so he had deduced) had decided what a place could look like. The strange mist had also had the uncanny ability to transport one to other places or make them walk in circles, and honestly, he couldn't decide if the portals of his earlier home had been better or worse. Nevertheless, this new land could hold any sort of tricks that he didn't know of, or angry rulers, deities or magic - so before using any of his own, he'd rather make sure he didn't set a hoof on the wrong path.

@Divest

Messages In This Thread
    For some it flows, for some it drips - by Ahti - 09-21-2021, 11:03 AM
    RE: For some it flows, for some it drips - by Ahti - 10-07-2021, 06:36 AM