• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the only love i ever found, any
    Sokali
    Sokali beams when the boy tells her he’ll keep an eye out for if she’s going to turn into the sun too - though this only encourages more questions to form in her mind. Is there something she can do to stop it once it starts? Will calling attention to it even help at all? Is it contagious?

These questions swirl inside of her mind and she keeps them in there this time, determined to ask her parents once she got back home to see why they hadn’t warned her about this phenomenon before.

It was going to bother her until she got some answers. Or so she thinks, anyway, until she’s effectively distracted by the green colt’s laugh. Shaky or not, she’s delighted that he agrees with her statement to only tease her new sibling on special occasions - and delighted even more to have won a laugh out of him.

When he adds that they might think it’s funny, she considers this only for a moment before responding gravely. “Maybe, but I wouldn’t want to make them feel bad either.” Sokali would like very much to do a good job at being a big sister - and there seemed to be a growing list of things she should do to prepare herself.

Figuring out this sun business was one of them.

For now, though, that moves to the back of her head as she focuses on what else she’ll be able to do - reaching a resolve to not let her sibling go into the world and be as unsure as her new friend is. “So I’ll only play nice games with them.” Her attention focuses on him again, having made this internal decision. “Do you and your sister have any nicer games?” Or did she only ever tease him?

Messages In This Thread
    the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 09-19-2021, 03:34 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 09-24-2021, 06:24 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 09-25-2021, 01:31 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 09-26-2021, 03:52 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 10-02-2021, 09:57 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 10-14-2021, 06:33 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 10-16-2021, 10:26 AM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 11-04-2021, 05:21 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 11-13-2021, 08:42 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 01-16-2022, 08:15 PM