• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the only love i ever found, any
    Sokali
    For such a pretty big thing - turning into the sun - her new friend is a little short on the details. Sokali could think of at least a dozen questions she would want to know immediately - starting with those that she had already asked. But since he is the only one who’s ever mentioned this as a possibility to her so far, she isn’t sure who else to ask since he doesn’t know. Maybe her parents? Her dad could turn into a lot of different things but as far as she knew the sun wasn’t one of them. Still, she would do her best to remember to find out.

So while she’s a little disappointed that there aren’t many answers coming her way, the disappointment is easy to brush off. “I hope it doesn’t either.” She agrees with a nod. “I’ll let you know if I notice you looking a little sun-ish, though.” And though she means this entirely sincerely, she cannot quite help the way the corner of her mouth tugs upwards a little more.

It falls again as she continues sharing all her thoughts with this boy, even though he hadn’t asked. The fact that his sister could be lying doesn’t, for Sokali, negate anything. Even if it was a tease, it wasn’t a very nice one. “I’m going to be a big sister soon and I’m going to remember to not tease them so much.” She didn’t want her little brother or sister having these worries.

Of course, she would still be a sister though so she adds as her smile grows once more - brightening her grey eyes. “Well, maybe just a little. On special occasions.”

@ennis

Messages In This Thread
    the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 09-19-2021, 03:34 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 09-24-2021, 06:24 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 09-25-2021, 01:31 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 09-26-2021, 03:52 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 10-02-2021, 09:57 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 10-14-2021, 06:33 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 10-16-2021, 10:26 AM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 11-04-2021, 05:21 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 11-13-2021, 08:42 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 01-16-2022, 08:15 PM