• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  keep a light on in my soul
    A low chuckle escapes Vastra at Svedka’s response about her defending him, her eyes shining in a way that blends well with the glittering of her coat. “Maybe we’ll find them later then.” She teases him back. Picking a fight would not be the best way to introduce themselves to the islands but Vastra would absolutely enjoy it. Both the fight itself and getting to show off her strength for someone who would appreciate it afterwards.

For now, their arrival is not met with any angry faces emerging from the trees or from further down the beach. The only interruption to the gentle sound of Svedka stifling a yawn and the ocean are the squeals and squawks coming from the jungle. Her head turns in that direction, eyes narrowing a little.

Still, she shakes her head at his question as he leans against her and she presses back just a little. "No." Whatever trouble the girls might be getting into, Vastra was pretty sure she was happier not knowing. They were both smart and had both her shapeshifting abilities and Svedka’s light armor to keep them safe if they did get into any trouble. A scream would get her moving in their direction without hesitation, but since it only sounds like the native wildlife having objections - she’s assuming the girls are having a wonderful time.

“Let’s find a quieter spot.” She motions up the beach to where a few palms overhang the sand, providing some cool-looking shade. Vastra wouldn't be able to nap here until she scouted the entire place, until she knew it was safe. But she could remain alert next to Svedka while he slept and it would be close enough to relaxing for her.
    VASTRA

@Svedka

Messages In This Thread
    keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 09-13-2021, 06:30 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 09-14-2021, 07:44 AM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 09-19-2021, 12:24 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 09-26-2021, 08:05 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 10-02-2021, 05:39 AM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 10-04-2021, 08:33 AM