• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  keep a light on in my soul

let my shadows prove the sunshine

The shimmer of her skin is even more beautiful in the tropical sunlight, matching the gentle glittering of the clear and calm waves just behind them. “Perhaps it’s because I’ve never been able to fly,” he muses lazily, his pink mouth lipping at the tawny feathers of her wing in the midst of his careful work, being sure to place gentle kisses on her withers intermittently.

When he is satisfied with his work, he chuffs softly with a toss of his head, scattering his flaxen and blue forelock across the pale white of his face. Svedka had never been a fighter (which perhaps is why the lion had been such a disease to him) and despite his tendency to be fiercely loyal, never really had options when it came to defensive and offensive attacks. The armor is helpful, he realizes, but he is sure it would do nothing to prevent harm from those around them if Gale (or any magician) were to put his family and friends within their scope.

It made him even happier to have found Vastra, even when it had been in such a trying time in his life. Her roughness and ferocity (which are two reasons he loved her) not only were beneficial in intimacy but also would make her a force to be reckoned with if anyone were to threaten himself or the girls. It made him at ease beside her, knowing the truth behind her solemn vow and what her protection really means. The shine of her skin only proved her affection, the glittering reflecting in the crystalline blue of his irises.

“Then it would definitely like to see them try,” he replies with a mischievous grin.

He stifles a yawn, already feeling somewhat sleepy from their trek. The warmth of the sun on his back is soothing to the gentle ache of his muscles, nuzzling into Vastra’s sea-soaked, sparkling neck unabashedly with a sleepy smile. In the near distance, the twins are still rummaging through the jungle, random squeals of excitement disturbing parrots and monkeys close by. “We should follow them, right?” Svedka yawns when he says it, leaning into Vastra’s side.

svedka

@Vastra

Messages In This Thread
    keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 09-13-2021, 06:30 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 09-14-2021, 07:44 AM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 09-19-2021, 12:24 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 09-26-2021, 08:05 PM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Svedka - 10-02-2021, 05:39 AM
    RE: keep a light on in my soul - by Vastra - 10-04-2021, 08:33 AM