• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose.
    @Picard

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

The boy does not run.

Gale is mildly disappointed, and the sensation has just enough shadow in it to turn his back hooves to paws, and to lengthen and angulate his hind end to something better suited for pursuit.

The boy answers, and he sounds innocent. Like Sickle, Gale thinks, and shakes his head in disgust. Sheltered. Weak. His front feet turn to claws, and pale white feathers grow slowly from the blue skin of his front legs. The infusion of magic makes him patient as well.

Perhaps he could draw this out, pull more from the boy than simply a quick death.

You live here? The boy asks, and Gale shakes his head with a bemused smile. “No,” he says softly, “But it is mine.” He is King of Tephra, he tells the boy, the land to which this black-shored island owes allegiance. “Its protectors are missing, so I am here to defend it from those who think they can stay without paying tribute.”

He deserves something for being the King of Islandres, after all. Perhaps he’ll take the boy's magic, he thinks, or his misery. The first idea is more appealing, and Gale takes a step closer.

GALE

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - by Gale - 09-13-2021, 04:24 PM