• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my lovers never been a mirror

you have forsaken all the love you've taken
    sleeping on a razor there's nowhere left to fall

“Then it’s a good thing you found me,” he says, his tone calm to the point it was nearly flat. He does not allow himself to react to the idea of her being with someone else. The spark of jealousy that alights in his gut is not given his attention, knowing that doing so would be a detriment to them both. He would not hesitate to set fire to anyone that he caught her with, and he thinks that she knows this—he is surprised she has not pushed him to that point already simply to watch his reaction, to be honest.

He wouldn’t hurt her, he thinks, though he does not trust himself.
    There had been a time when he thought he wouldn’t hurt Devonae, but that had changed eventually, too.

The flare of anger that accompanies the jealousy is directed only at himself, though, since it would have been entirely his fault should she have found someone else. This is not something that he admits out loud, of course,  but it is a near-mistake that he does not intend to make again.

“It would have been a shame for you to lower your standards and accept the company of another,” he continues, his lips now twisted into that familiar crooked grin. He relents, allowing her to have the upper hand this time around without resistance, following the constellation she left between them until the space has disappeared. He watches the waterfall of starlight that cascades across the slope of her back and pools at the ground below, and he reaches to drag his lips up the curve of her throat. “You’re too beautiful for your own good, Aurorae,” his voice is a low growl in his chest, but that dangerous smile remains on his face.

Dacian

your body's aching, every bone is breaking
    nothing seems to shake it, it just keeps holding on

Messages In This Thread
    my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 09-08-2021, 07:32 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 09-09-2021, 06:34 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 09-09-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 10-17-2021, 03:41 AM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 10-17-2021, 03:46 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 10-25-2021, 07:02 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 11-13-2021, 05:13 PM