• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my lovers never been a mirror

you have forsaken all the love you've taken
    sleeping on a razor there's nowhere left to fall

He had released his hold on her, which was entirely unlike him.

He was a possessive creature, one that did not like to share or let his obsessions out of his sight. Aurorae had always been different, though. She was never something that he could keep, and he found that there was a certain pleasure in knowing he did not have to force her to come back—she always did on her own. Even though his veins heated with jealousy each time she wandered off, especially if she returned smelling of someone else, he did not keep her caged. He has never had anything before in his life that he did not have to chase, and if letting her roam is what it took to keep her content, then so be it.

It’s why when he first left, he does not know what took him so long to go back, or why one day stretched into two, then three, until he lost count.

He has thought of her every day, but especially every night. Ever since the stars returned and shone so sharp and brilliant in the night sky, it was impossible to not think of her. And yet no matter how many times he imagined himself pressing his lips to the familiar curves, no matter how many times he imagined the way she felt beneath his touch, he delayed going back.

He is surprised when she comes to him that night, saturated in starlight, stunning as always. He is covered in the obsidian armor that he has been favoring lately, and the moonlight glints off the glossy surface where it plaits over his neck and back. He looks at her, eyes dark and unreadable, but a slow, roguish smile forms on his face. “Away,” he says nonchalantly, before turning to walk up to her, though he does not reach for her. “Why, did you miss me?”

Dacian

your body's aching, every bone is breaking
    nothing seems to shake it, it just keeps holding on

Messages In This Thread
    my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 09-08-2021, 07:32 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 09-09-2021, 06:34 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 09-09-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 10-17-2021, 03:41 AM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 10-17-2021, 03:46 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by Dacian - 10-25-2021, 07:02 PM
    RE: my lovers never been a mirror - by aurorae - 11-13-2021, 05:13 PM