• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  oh, if they dusted me for prints

Elegance had finally been given the one thing that she had always wanted.

Her freedom.

She could finally soar from one corner of Beqanna to the other. She could roam as much as she pleased. Her youngest siblings were now of an age that they had started exploring themselves, and yet everytime that Elegance left the Taiga, she got pulled back through some string of guilt. She could never stay away long, even if she wished to. Not when she could see her father struggling with his worry, or the way that her mother reflected it back at him.

So Elegance would go out to explore the world, and with each trip, she would bring back a story for the siblings and cousins who had chosen to stay within the Taiga.

It seemed to help a little. Luminesce had stories of her own and the two sisters seemed to enjoy elaborating them together for their younger brother and sister. It was like a contest between them; if Ellie had flown over a mountain, then Lumi had soared over a range. If Ellie climbed the Tephran volcano, then it was Lumi who made it erupt. It was something that, in normal circumstances, would have annoyed Elegance. But the stories they created made their remaining siblings laugh and shriek and it was a welcome distraction to the glaring absence of their brother, Bolder.

There had been no talk of retrieving him. No discussion on when he was coming home. Only that he had chosen to stay in Hyaline, and they were not to go there.

The soaring pegasus had almost veered that way, to check on her brother, despite her father's wishes. But the pale female is on another mission today. They had a grandfather out there (and another as well, but Ellie knew better than to mention him to Nashua) and after much discussion with her twin, Elegance had decided to seek him out. A gray pegasus with a steely gaze was what she recalled from her mother's few mentions of him. A sight that might be common across Beqanna expect that her cousins had returned from Cheri's coronation with rumors of not one but two gray pegasi in the Southern kingdom.

Landing well past the border (and perhaps that is the reckless side of her, the one that doesn't care for kingdom boundaries), Elegance spends the day searching for them both. The first she finds is one with blue eyes and not who she is searching for. The second she finds has his back turned to her and as Ellie comes to a stop, she wishes that she had paid better attention to his name (she's bad at them all - what are the names of her aunt and uncle? Cozumelda? Cassanderian?). "Ishmael?" the young horse calls out, wondering if this was the gray that she was searching for, with a frown and irritated shake of her white wings.

ELEGANCE

image credit to insane<3

for grandpa @Ashhal <3

Messages In This Thread
    oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Elegance - 09-08-2021, 01:32 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 09-09-2021, 01:45 PM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-05-2021, 11:12 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-13-2021, 10:10 AM
    RE: oh, if they dusted me for prints - by Ashhal - 10-26-2021, 10:59 AM