• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They all warned us about times like this
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    He hadn’t wasted much time after the coronation. It had been enlightening to say the least and his head was still wrapping around the events from that little party. Yet the news coming from the lava pit of the West were troubled whispers and mixed with the lingering shadow of the quiet and still volcano… There is a look in the golden eye of his battered sister (whose bite marks had not been missed by the sharp eyed Prince) that he cannot refuse to see and so he finds the skinwalker and sets out sooner than even he had expected.

This is not going to be a pleasant trip, in any sense of the word. He does not inform the Pampas Champion of what they are going to Tephra for. Not until they are standing before the shadowy mountain of the volcano and the beckoning still jungle before them. Eerily still. The red-eyed Prince comes to a halt and  pulls up before that invisible wall, scowling into the ashlands. “I fucking hate this place.” He snarls softly with the feeling that for once his companion and he are perfectly in sync on the matter. He hates this place and he hates the one thing they’ve come here to collect. With a sharp snort of dismay he gives a brief description of the mare they seek.

“In the jungle. I need her alive.” He says firmly, a soft hiss of warning from a temper that momentarily harnesses the serpent and takes the power for himself. He pauses for a moment, looking over at the creature beside him. For a moment, he thinks he sees a different version of themselves. These two lonely colts born in the shadow of fire and rage, abandoned and alone. It disappears just as quickly as it comes and he throws his dark gaze back to the task at hand. “If you run into trouble, you know what to do.” He says quietly and then slips into the cool shadows as he begins to search his way into the heart of the jungle.

obscene

@Skandar
    @Gale
    Just looking for dear old mom
    Angel
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    They all warned us about times like this - by Obscene - 09-06-2021, 11:00 PM