• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  youth would take the blame, any
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    How desperately he wants to wilt beneath the intensity of her focus.
    She looks at him as if she truly believes he has the answers she needs, studying him so intently that he feels laid bare beneath the scrutiny.

But he does not have the right answers, he knows that. And it becomes even more clear when the words come falling out of his mouth and the tone is apologetic and the brow is furrowed with worry and it doesn’t matter. Because it’s not what she’d needed to hear and he has failed at this, too. Just as he has failed at so many other things and he had come here to escape this horrible feeling and here it is again, even louder, and his breath hitches and his throat tightens while her eyes fill with tears. 

And he can’t help her. 
    No matter how fiercely he wishes he could.

She is alive but he does not know what it means either and he can offer her no semblance of comfort. 

Then she apologizes to him and he opens his mouth to speak but no sound comes out at all. Not until she has already brushed past him and he has turned to watch her go and he says, “wait.” 

But she’s already gone. 

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

@Falter

Messages In This Thread
    youth would take the blame, any - by Selaphiel - 09-06-2021, 04:08 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-06-2021, 10:05 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-08-2021, 10:54 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-09-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-12-2021, 10:43 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Selaphiel - 09-14-2021, 06:20 PM