• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A chill has found each bone; any
    A long, languorous youthhood spent in Loess was ending for Cheri. Her childhood had already come and gone under the dark light of the Eclipse, but those months were quickly becoming a memory like all the rest. She had an official seat of command now, and figured her face should be associated with that as well, so she rose each morning to meet the demands of her station and spent the first few hours of the day in a dizzying flight along the borderlands.

This was good practice for her. Not only to stretch the wings she kept mostly tethered to her side throughout the sleepless nights, but as a sort of release. Maturity in her immortal body had come with a damn good array of new perks, like an increase in her stamina, vitality, and even strength (if you considered rock hopping and cliff scaling a strength.) Lately she’d burst into the sky as the first rays of dawn touched the earth, eager to pick up a sentry shift where the last had left off.

She felt unrestrained.

Today was no different, except she came across a pale mare crossing into Loess and adjusted her flight to intercept before the stranger dug her way too deeply into the southern territory.

Cheri had no idea that she was inevitably crossing paths with a historical figure by coming across Ilma, and so when she finally managed to approach the other horse with a friendly-sounding Hello, she was as open and kind as she’d been with Bardot. There had never been any consequence associated with crossing Loess borders for as long as Cheri had lived here, but there was a purpose in knowing who stepped across them. Just like she never greeted a guest with hostility, Cheri also knew there were exceptions to that rule. This pegasus mare didn’t seem to be one of them.

“I saw you come in from the west and thought I’d introduce myself.” The black appaloosa explained, hoping her sudden arrival hadn’t given the wrong impression. “I’m Cheri, Oceane’s understudy and a friend. We’re happy to have you in Loess.”

@Ilma

Messages In This Thread
    A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 09-03-2021, 11:56 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Cheri - 09-07-2021, 03:19 PM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 09-16-2021, 08:16 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Cheri - 09-22-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 10-12-2021, 12:21 AM