• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A chill has found each bone; any
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water, and make no noise

For as long as she remembers, Tephra has been a sanctuary; a home for everyone who lives in peace with themselves, nature, and others. Some don’t want anything to do with anyone; others seek retirement and recluse in the jungle beneath the volcano. It is a paradise for children, and the land knows many. It is a home for healers and magicians, and quite a few have retired here, where the volcanic fire warms chilled bones. 

Tephra is a place for her family, and the best place to forget that she lost a good part of her memory. Her days are filled with joy and laughter and plenty of sunshine.

The day the broken magician has come to heal himself, is the day that ends this life. She wakes up, senses that the day has come, and she wakes her daughters with dread. She finds the place where Svedka usually lingers, but knows not to look for him when he isn’t there.

The ethereal white mare spreads her sunlight wings, and leaves without telling anyone else. Tephra is no longer her home. Ironically enough, Loess will be, for all that she had her doubts about it in the past. But the tobiano dragon and his niece will be nowhere to be found. It is only the purple mare that she can trust.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?
    Ilma
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 09-03-2021, 11:56 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Cheri - 09-07-2021, 03:19 PM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 09-16-2021, 08:16 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Cheri - 09-22-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 10-12-2021, 12:21 AM