• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He deflects at first, his brother. Reave doesn’t bother to justify it with an answer. Of course he had known Nashua could not be everywhere at once, nor would he have expected him to. Instead Nash chooses to focus on the example Reave had provided. He hadn’t faulted him for allowing Noel to come to him. He’s hardly an idiot.

But that doesn’t change the fact that Nashua could have come to him long before now. Could have fostered a sharing of information. He hadn’t shared his plans for the North with Reave until now, but if he had come to him at the very beginning, Reave would have done the same. He had already told the Freyr he is not all-powerful or all-seeing. That he could not pull something from nothing. He would not repeat himself if Nashua chose not to listen the first time.

Instead he shakes his head and barks out a humorless laugh. He can’t quite hide the bitterness of the disappointment on his tongue. He doesn’t even try to.

He is ready to end this conversation when the pegasus snaps back, spiteful accusation on his tongue. Reave’s eyes flash with fire, and he finds that the well of anger inside him is far from dry. The bone-armored stallion doesn’t even try to temper his tone when he bites out, “Just like Aela is also your sister?” His voice is forceful and low. Uncompromising. If Nashua wants to throw his faults at him, Reave will hold up the mirror. “Would you tear everything apart if she went missing?”

It’s a rhetorical question of course. He already knows his brother would not. It’s then that Rune shrieks overhead. After a moment, Reave sucks in a sharp breath, doing his best to restrain the temper that writhes for freedom. Reave’s motives might be questionable, but his companion’s timely interruption reminds him he does actually care. “I had no reason to believe Yanhua hadn’t disappeared of his own volition at first.” His blue eyes are fever bright as he fixes them on Nash. “It’s not like he ever confided in me either.” He pauses. “Considering his own daughter didn’t seem terribly worried about his disappearance, why would I be?” He grimaces then before turning. He wouldn’t stay if Nashua was only going to continue berating him. “A visit from you might have revealed the nefarious circumstances of his disappearance much earlier. That’s all I was trying to say.”

After taking a few steps towards the water, Reave pauses to look back. All anger has fled his voice now, leaving only pained disillusionment. “I trusted you to do what was right. But it seems you can’t even offer me the same.”

reave

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tear down hollows, take back eternity; Nashua - by Reave - 10-05-2021, 10:00 AM