• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I'm on the outside looking through
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    The dark Prince has never been someone that anyone would ever call nice. He wasn’t the worst thing roaming Beqanna, far from it, but he wasn’t a soft squishy lovable idiot either. Over the years he had hardened himself, pushed emotions in that deep dark hole inside him, told himself he didn’t care. And for a long time he truly believed that lie because he had been so good at it, telling falsities and making other’s believe them. Perhaps that had started to change when he became Fae and could no longer stretch the truth like he once had. Or maybe it had started with Cheri when she had looked at him briefly like he was someone worth knowing all those years ago in a dark and stormy meadow. Either way, inadvertently, he stopped trusting what was said around him as he remembered that everyone else was not bound like he was. And those lies he had told in the beginning, he started doubting them too.

Once he had found a dark delicious pleasure in making other’s cry, making them fold and break beneath the weight of a well-timed word or sharp sentence that he could hone like a blade. He looks down at the tears welling in the girl’s eyes and instead of that pleasure… He feels something else tug at him, an emotion he had forgotten. It almost feels like sympathy. He leaves the explanation of Sickle’s mother to Aela (as the golden striped mare could explain their insane family better then he could) but when she looks back at him and whispers those words, his smirk fades as it curves into a small thoughtful frown. “Then you don’t have to.” He says firmly back to her and if Aela is annoyed or upset by this decision then, for once, he truly doesn't care. He finds he doesn’t want to give the filly back to Gale even if it means saving their own skins. Not if it means she is merely a sacrifice for him to carve up and serve as he pleases. What kid deserved that?

“You can stay here as long as you like, Sickle.” He finally says, struggling with the unfamiliar feelings that she somehow stirs in him. There must be another way of using the child to their advantage, one that doesn’t require handing her over to any of Hyaline's wolves. He glances at Aela, a discussion to have at another time. He looks up to where Wherewolf had vanished and it seems he is concentrating for a moment. Then, after a few minutes of silently gazing off into the horizon, a small glowing orb begins to move towards them. When the Wisp finally appears at his side, he looks back to the conflicted foal with a thin pressed smile. “This is Light. He’s agreed to stay with you until your bird returns if you would like.” It’s as much for his sake as it is for hers, something he trusts will watch over her that won’t scheme behind his back. And if she finds some comfort in the brightness, something that might stop her tears, he wouldn’t mind that either.

obscene

@Aela @Sickle
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm on the outside looking through - by Sickle - 08-29-2021, 05:51 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 08-30-2021, 05:20 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 11:32 AM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Obscene - 09-12-2021, 07:22 PM