• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I'm on the outside looking through
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    His inability to lie was rarely a hinderance when one can simply rely on cleverness in their choice of words and questions. However he cannot deny the brilliance of the falsity that Wherewolf weaves into the filly, playing on the one thing Sickle wants most. And that seems to be Malik. There is no hesitance after that brilliance (a flicker of appreciation in his red eyes at the cover of Nerine) and she is surprisingly quiet as they lead her swiftly and quickly from Tephra.

There is no need of Aela’s powers when he can see the uncertainty slowly dawning on her open face, the doubt when they finally reach the Pampas and its many fields of flowers. He is silent, coming to a halt just a little behind her as he brings up the rear of their party. Sickle was most comfortable with her “family members” and so he had left her in their capable hands as he did his best to cover some of their tracks, his natural suspicion bothering him the entire way home at their lack of interruption.

It had been too easy. Something didn’t feel right.

He has not forgotten the jaguar mare his sister had spoken of, still lurking in the depths of the volcanic jungle.

He knows he will have to go back and the acceptance of that makes him gnash his teeth.

Sickle needs to be dealt with first though. Her voice is quiet as she frowns at idyllic beauty of the Pampas and he matches hers with one of his own as he looks at the shifting colors that bloom across her backside. “He’s not here.” He finally says quietly, not bothering to look at his companions to see what they think of this different direction he’s taken. It had taken simple lies to bring her here. He thinks the truth might just make her want to stay and there is nobody better to give it to her then he. “I believe he’s with your father. In Hyaline.”

There is only one brief moment to try and catch her before she falls back into her doubt and fear and so he does his best to quell it, coming around to stand beside her. He looks out at the home he had built with a smooth unreadable expression, not glancing down at her once. “You were no longer safe in Tephra.” He finally says and is surprised by how easily those words leave his tongue. But it was the truth wasn't it? Gale had known where she was in the first place. ”Do you know what I am Sickle?” He asks her quietly, finally looking down at the young girl who they had stolen. “I am Fae which means I cannot lie.” He lowers his head, red eyes piercing as it meets her level. “If you can trust us, we might be able to help you.” And in turn perhaps help themselves. For he has no intention of returning the girl to Hyaline just yet.

obscene

@Aela @Sickle @Wherewolf
    YOLO
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm on the outside looking through - by Sickle - 08-29-2021, 05:51 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Obscene - 08-29-2021, 08:17 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 08-30-2021, 05:20 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 11:32 AM