• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I'm on the outside looking through
    sickle
    Sick. Malik was ill and she needed to go to him. It took no effort at all for Sickle to follow the lead of the three adults, sure that this was safe if her cousin was involved and her worry for her brother clouding her mind. Her companion didn't even leave to go find Wishbone as suggested - he stuck close to her, Sickle didn't want him to be out of her sight. The brilliant blue of his fire-feathers flicker across her coat in her distress and she remains entirely in her own head, not even finding the ability to ask any more questions as she is fond of doing.

She doesn't know that Nerine is further north, having never ventured anywhere other than the common lands on her adventures. Even when she had gone to Hyaline, she had been teleported there - though she knew there were mountains and there were clearly none of those here.

Sickle even doesn't understand why Malik is in Nerine at all - she had been so sure he had been in Hyaline with their cursed father - but this is another one of those things she just can't bring herself to ask.

Once they arrive in a land brilliant with wildflowers, she cannot help but frown at it despite its beauty. Not far past the border she stops in her tracks and her phoenix companion circles overhead, his bright eyes keen for any recognizable faces.

“This is Nerine? Where is Malik?” She asks in a quiet voice, finally speaking some of her questions - doubt creeping in. It was a beautiful place to be, but her brother was sick. She wasn't really focusing on the landscape.

Her gaze focuses on who she believes to be her cousin, hoping that Sundari will be able to give her some answers. As her unease grows, the shades of the blooms around them begin to scatter themselves on Sickle's iridescent blue coat, tracing the lines made from her brindling.

@Obscene @Aela @Wherewolf no obligation to reply if you don't want to but I wanted to get something up! <3

Messages In This Thread
    I'm on the outside looking through - by Sickle - 08-29-2021, 05:51 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 08-30-2021, 05:20 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 11:32 AM