• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I ran, I ran so far away

There is a fleeting spark of a smile, and Aela nods briefly before moving on.

The slender palomino continued to step forward, trying gauge the winged stallion. His mood was schooled, calm and the Empath was impressed with the brute's restraint. She had wondered if her insistence that they move along might annoy or irritate him but he took Aela's request in measured stride. Just like the one he took while walking beside her, following rather than trying to lead the way.

A point of favor with the gilded mare.

Those who learned their place quickly enough with Aela could find a place the future she was crafting.

She listens with a keen stare, as her curiosity sharpened her blue-eyed gaze. This winged stranger wasn't the first that Aela had met. She had encountered a few in the Field before, who spoke of places in the Beyond - outside the realm of Beqanna. There had even been a girl, a heart-marked palomino that shared a similar coloring and build to Aela. A girl, she would (infuriatingly) come to find, that she shared a common ancestor with. The worlds outside Beqanna were vast and different, and for each foreigner she found, Aela strove to learn a little more about them.

This agreement they've reached should suit both of them well enough. The pegasus can learn what he wishes of Beqanna and Aela can be offered a glimpse to whatever land he had come from.

"It might take some time to do that," Aela says and flashes him a slight smile. "Hyaline is a kingdom in the East that is only home to shifters, while the forests of the North despise them." She say, recalling what Mazikeen had told her and what she knew of Nashua. "To the West, we have islands. Some are home to nereids, enchanting creatures that are sought after for their beauty. And then there were rumors of others that housed kelpies." Her smile turns sharp as she glances up again, "Equally as beautifully, but much more likely to drag you beneath the waves."

The sound of running water - and the clean pristine scent of a spring - floats foward on the autumn air.

"I reside in a territory the South, called the Brilliant Pampas." When they approach the glittering stream, Aela takes the opportunity to reveal one of her own gifts as she reaches down for current: flashing an image in the dark stallion's mind of a windflower field that appears to have no end, of being surrounded by an ocean of red, orange, and purple blooms. She drinks slowly, only lifting her lovely head when she has quenched her thirst and tilting it in his direction. "Now, where did you come from?"

They doused your soul in water,
    but the flames raged higher.
    And they called you devil's daughter,
    such a pretty liar.

@Cassiell

Messages In This Thread
    I ran, I ran so far away - by Cassiell - 08-28-2021, 12:52 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Aela - 08-28-2021, 08:54 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Cassiell - 08-28-2021, 10:39 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Aela - 08-29-2021, 11:54 AM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Cassiell - 08-29-2021, 01:25 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Aela - 08-29-2021, 02:40 PM