• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  everyone wants to see what I see
    Beyza
    When Lannister apologizes, Beyza’s unblinking gaze focuses on him a little more intently than she had been allowing. She can’t puzzle out what would have inspired an apology. Her mention of a tropical home had erased his smile, but that seemed like something she should apologize for (if she were so inclined).

Whatever that puzzle might be, it becomes hidden under his smile and the offer to be the company she had been looking for. “I’d like that. But this isn’t the favour you owe me.” She adds this last bit and puts effort into making it sound as playful as she intends it to be. It was pleasant to keep a small tether binding them together, even if is only the thanks for a respite from the cold. But since he was also looking for company, it seemed reasonable enough that there may be some other way to thank her.

Just what, she doesn’t know. It isn't her first instinct to think of something flirtatious, though the set up is certainly there if she thought to take that step. For now, it doesn't occur to her - that just simply had not been a skill she remembered to practice.

“Ischia actually, just off the Tephra coast. I don’t like being on the mainland more than I have to be.” There is a small frown that appears at this admittance - which, while true, is not something she particularly intended to share. So she moves on, her smile more of a mask this time as it slips back into place. “But the parrots are only good company for so long.” Her curiosity is more real and it returns some warmth back to her gaze as she forces another blink. “Do you live in Tephra?” Had he brought it up for a particular reason?

@lannister

Messages In This Thread
    everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 08-28-2021, 09:54 AM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-07-2021, 02:41 PM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-16-2021, 08:59 AM
    RE: everyone wants to see what I see - by Beyza - 09-26-2021, 05:05 PM