• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  I'm searching for fragile bones

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Curiosity.

If one could still see the pupils in her brilliant eyes perhaps they might sense them narrowing. However they remain hidden within the blurred silver threads that spin with the rising tide of her anger as she looks up at him square in the face. And scowls. “Oh? And what could have made you so curious to cross the sea for some ice and a burned beach?” She is quick to retort, her stars glowing in a red threat of their own. Nashua might have scolded her for such behavior, Leilan might have reminded her of her title and what she had promised to bring to such a position. Yet neither of them were here and she was no longer that girl filled with bright hope when she had first stepped foot on the tundra seeking a new promising opportunity.

The only future she sees now is death.
    All she hungers for is revenge.

Still, she notices the small signs in him of loosening muscles and the relaxed pose he takes and forces herself to swallow back some of that anger that threatens to explode from her and burn him to cinders. She was still the Thane of the North and the warrior in her recognized this beast of a stallion making an effort to appear unthreatening. Although she does not trust him, she decides to give him a sliver of a chance to assess his character. And if he failed to impress she could also send a kick to his temple with an easy flutter of her wings in a move that even the Curse would be proud of. He had taught it to her after all.

His voice is still soft enough to bring her curved ears all the way to him and this time there is a small glimmer of amusement when she snorts at him, scoffing. The lady of the lands indeed. She can’t recall when anyone had ever referred to her as a lady before and she almost grins at the thought until the swell of her rage washes over her again. “Lady? No.” She finally says tersely, still firmly planted before him as the arctic winds ran icy fingers through her exposed separated feathers. “I’m Ciri, the Thane of the Isle. You’re looking for Nashua who rules the whole of the North.” She pauses, tilting her head up to him as she brazenly stares him down. “Though I’m the curious one now and perhaps you could sate it by telling me what exactly your looking for.”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Cassiell

Messages In This Thread
    I'm searching for fragile bones - by Cassiell - 08-27-2021, 09:54 PM
    RE: I'm searching for fragile bones - by Ciri - 08-30-2021, 09:53 AM
    RE: I'm searching for fragile bones - by Cassiell - 08-30-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: I'm searching for fragile bones - by Ciri - 09-06-2021, 08:13 PM