• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and it's been so long that i can't confess.
    " you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing. "
    "That's fine. But one of these days you're going to have to get your own little nickname and you won't be able to argue with me about it. Especially if I have to deal with kitten." Chuckling dryly I soon find that a corner of my dark lips are slowly turning up in a slight smirk as I watch her with growing interest and curiosity. The far away glimmer in her eyes was enough to keep my eyes glued to her own, even when I found himself shifting uncomfortably... I wasn't used to constant eye contact. I was used to looking away when I had felt that was enough. But for some reason I wasn't yet prepared to let her out of the hold my gaze had on her own.

It's when she speaks once more that has my head tilting in slight curiosity, my smirk remaining on my lips as my ears twist slightly. I always found it interesting. How the other wanderers just seemed to float about until they found their own happy place so to say. It was almost reassuring to the fact I had hidden in the forests for almost twenty years, only occasionally popping out for conversation. That was, until now. Now I had responsibilities. Now I had a reason to come and go. I could not fail what I had set out to do. Even though I had made no promises... If I wasn't successful I knew they would still find their ways to blame me. Hell, I'd blame myself.

But there wasn't any reason to worry. Not yet. And so I let the thoughts escape my mind as I watched her and kept her in my line of sight. "That doesn't sound too bad. I once used to take up space wherever I liked most as well. Can't say it's a bad life." This is when I find myself smiling slightly and letting out a slight chuckle. There was a joke in there. One just for me that I had made so many times to myself about living the silent life I had amongst the trees of the forest until the last year. For so long I had been alone, by choice of course. And now I was having to learn how to enjoy being social. Yet... Was that even possible. To truly enjoy it? I guess we'll have to find out, won't we?

He ponders her question for a minute, watching the way her head tilts and her eyes brighten a bit more. The look of curious nature passed over her features, even if only for a moment and he laughs softly. "I guess you could say I have made you my escape from my daily duties in the Valley. You are... What I could say, a refreshing get away. You're not one of my kingdoms members seeking more than what they have. You're not a diplomat I have to attend to. Nor a recruit I'm having to convince my kingdom is worth their time. You're just a stranger in the woods, with an interesting mind, and a even more interesting wit."

I don't say outloud who I am, but I know she is smart enough to put the pieces together and figure out the little puzzle I had put out for her. I always hated directly saying who I was. I didn't want others to think being a king was what was important to me. Because in reality. It wasn't. Only the kingdom and her people were and it was important to him to continue proving that, even in the smallest ways.

demian

carnage x adalind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and it's been so long that i can't confess. - by demian - 09-03-2015, 07:23 AM