• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i taste the bitterness [Reave; Any]
    Patient though he was, Cassiell didn't think he'd have long to wait before his presence attracted someone's attention. And he was correct. Positioned there on the craggy cliffside, the midnight pegasus watched the approach of the other stallion with all the interest of one absentmindedly observing a bit of driftwood breezing by atop a foamy wave. But for all that his facade portrayed a clear disinterest in the other, there was no denying it: this fellow's appearance was peculiar to say the least. Keen golden eyes took in the sight of that bone plating amidst a series of languid sweeps before finally settling back upon the newcomer's countenance.

In comparison, Cassiell himself was rather boring in the looks department -- a mere creature fashioned from the fine lines of a Thoroughbred crossed with some manner of far heavier draft, the blood of which had no doubt contributed to his excessive height. The only thing of interest about his form was the plethora of scars crisscrossing that inky pelt of his. And his wings. But who within Beqanna had never seen a pegasus?

Catching sight of the other stallion's faint smile, his own velvet lips quirked into a fleeting sort of smirk of their own. "I do enjoy a change of scenery every now and again," came his rumbling reply to that irreverent greeting, an idle flick of his tail against his hocks serving as a bit of punctuation to those words. Ears swiveling, the brute clearly split his attention between that of the stud before him and the windswept terrain all around. It was second nature to always be on alert, always listening, always watching. But his molten gaze was for this other alone when he further posed in his dark baritone: "Might I have the pleasure of speaking with the lord of this land, then? I was so hoping to become acquainted."

cassiell

temperance is a virtue

Dark Pegasus by Tatiana Yamshanova used with permission.

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    i taste the bitterness [Reave; Any] - by Cassiell - 08-26-2021, 01:49 PM
    RE: i taste the bitterness [Reave; Any] - by Cassiell - 08-27-2021, 01:15 PM