• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister

If he had asked for her secrets, she would have told him without thought or artifice that she has none. Which is true, in many ways, but perhaps not entirely. She does not keep secrets on purpose. Has never sought to hide the most sensitive parts of herself. But as with nearly any living creature, she is not yet aware of all the secrets she harbors in her slim breast.

Whether he would find those secrets enthralling or not however is an entirely different story.

When she peers at him, her emerald gaze liquid and soft, she does not see arrogance or defensiveness masked by gruffness. Instead she sees a man who had shared something intimate with her. A man who had treated her glaring differences with kindness and acceptance. A man who could be a friend. The smile she gives him is genuine and bright, her enamored delight shining from it as clearly as the sun even now cresting the distant horizon.

“You are very kind, Lannister.” Her voice is soft, a faint chord of shyness threading through the words. She is unaccustomed to such complimentary words, and they cause pleasure to swell with heady warmth inside her chest. Her wings shift unconsciously, pale feathers whispering against her skin.

He is looking at the sky, so she too shifts her gaze to the burgeoning day. Or tries to, at least. She cannot seem to prevent her eyes from straying in his direction.

Then he asks if she would do it again, and she doesn’t try to stop herself from looking at him. A small, thoughtful frown pulls briefly at her lips before it is erased by a throaty laugh. “I am enjoying myself, so I suppose I would.” She should leave it at that, but it seems she cannot. “I would much rather do it with you though.”

Azure

you take the shape of everything I'm drawn to

@lannister

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister - by Azure - 10-06-2021, 11:59 AM