• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister
    you used to tell me we'd turn into something
    oh, you said life was much better than this
    Lovely voice to match a lovely dawn, Lannister thinks, watching Azure out of the corner of his eye. An easy smile spreads across his lips, one so opposite to the terrors he wields when the sky slips into the twilight gauze of evening’s gown. He is just as inviting as the changing sky, he tells himself, mimicking the warmth his father once showed him.

“If they are always almost as lovely as this, then I need to wake up earlier,” he muses with a rough, tumbling laugh. Lan turns to peer at Azure fully, his gaze only betraying an emotion (surprise) when the woman’s body begins to knit itself around the bones she carries so gracefully. He sucks in an awed breath, one eyebrow arching as he continues to be hypnotized by her transformation.

“You do that every morning?” he quips, then turns away, not terribly keen on expressing so much emotion.

Lannister stares out at the slowly brightening sky, taking in all the hues of red and orange and peach. He longs for the stars already, stormy eyes reflecting both the brilliant sun and a simmer of frustration. But he doesn’t reveal that darkness in his tone, his words—no, he masters his otherness with a genuine yawn that he turns into something more human as it sputters out on a chuckle.

“This is my first time watching a sunrise, actually,” he murmurs, turning back to Azure with a lively smile. It’s not a lie. Lannister doesn’t consider the sunrises real in the dream realm, and he certainly didn’t make himself known to the strangers there.

“Do you, Azure?”

lannister

@Azure

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister - by lannister - 09-13-2021, 06:15 PM