• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister

She is never quite sure how she is able to do the things living creatures take for granted. Movement and speech and sight. Magic, she supposes. A magic as strange as the one that allows her to take the form of so many creatures. But she can do all those things still, strange as it is.

Her hollow eyes follow him as he draws alongside her, curiosity piqued by this bold stranger who does not seem to find her skeletal form unsightly. She would have smiled at him if she had lips to form one. As it is, her grin is wide and permanent, stretched across her bony jaw. His gruff tone should unsettle her, but it does not. Instead it is almost comforting, in a way. But then, her father is often gruff, so it feels as familiar as the gentleness of her mother.

“Yes,” she agrees softly, her melodic voice at odds with the gruesome visage it drifts from. Her skull shifts, the empty sockets betray nothing of the gaze that drifts over the riotous colors of the sky. “They usually are, but today seems particularly lovely.”

As the first sliver of sun breaks the distant horizon, the skeleton shudders beneath it. Then, as though a veil has been lifted, flesh builds upon bone until her body becomes fully fleshed and whole once more. The pale feathers of wings rustle as she settles them more comfortably against her sides, the blooms curling through her dark locks releasing a subtle perfume.

Drawing her gaze to the man beside her, she offers him a smile. A true one this time, and not the macabre grin of her bare skull. “I’m Azure,” she finally offers in return, the kindness in her green eyes contrasting so sharply with the anger in his. Next to him, in the wholeness of her form, she is such a small, soft thing, yet there is no fear in her gaze. “Do you often watch the dawn with strangers Lannister?”

Azure

you take the shape of everything I'm drawn to

@lannister

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will walk the plank, not a tear in my eye; Lannister - by Azure - 09-08-2021, 02:49 PM