• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I hope that this doesn't end soon
    The two-toned girl doesn't remember much - wandering into a place, wandering out of it, running away from something. Always the running. Then the hiding. There must be caves to hide in. Get away. From what? Not from yourself, we think. No, no she cannot get rid of the voices. They're always with her now, must be a gift from her mother, maybe she stole a few? Of course you did, little thief. She blinks and shakes her head.

A thunderclap makes her literally jump. Jump higher! Run! She was already running. Always the running, and then comes the hiding. Caves. Should there be caves here, with all those rocks around? Not that they're helpful. She tries to hide but they always come. The voices are always there. She never gets to hide properly, and they'll hit her. Hit her with the lightning from the storms. She's not allowed to hide. Not allowed to rest when the voices are angry with her. When the sky is angry too.

She runs around in circles when she thinks she's going straight, and vice versa. She ends up near a tree she has passed sometime earlier (last week? This year?) - it had been struck by the lightning as she ran away from the sky. It almost got her that time, but the sky is controlled by the voices and the voices wouldn't let her die and get away so easily. Even the few times she was struck, she just wouldn't die. But she carries the marks.

She is bad luck and bad faith, she knows. She must be punished. She is punished every so often, when storms hit Beqanna. They hit her. The comes the hiding, then she needs to be running. Now though, she runs into a lavender colt, and she stops.

Someone is giggling, and she chuckles too. If it's one of the voices then she's probably weird again. She's seen it happen.

Then the young mare tilts her head at the colt and blinks. "What's bollocks?" she wishes to know. "Is the sky angry?"

@Link

Messages In This Thread
    I hope that this doesn't end soon - by Link - 08-25-2021, 04:44 PM
    RE: I hope that this doesn't end soon - by Llorona - 08-31-2021, 09:09 AM
    RE: I hope that this doesn't end soon - by Link - 09-03-2021, 11:31 AM
    RE: I hope that this doesn't end soon - by Link - 10-02-2021, 04:01 PM
    RE: I hope that this doesn't end soon - by Link - 10-08-2021, 02:54 PM