• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  We can make our own damn rules and break them too
    FIRION

Firion doesn’t know how to respond to that, to the fact that this boy’s own mother would burden him with a judgement when he was so young still, and he frowns further. “Your mother was wrong,” is all he says before shrugging his spotted shoulders, “but hopefully your new one knows better.” He can only hope that anyone who would claim to be a mother, who would raise a young boy, would know better than to saddle them with something so heavy—knowing that it could completely shape who they would become.

But he doesn’t force the boy to dwell on it or open up when he is just a stranger.

He just shrugs and feels the shadow forming around them, the way it climbs higher and higher before falling back down again, swirling around his legs like a cat. “What can no one else see?” he manages with a tilt of his head. “I can do my best to help but it is difficult without knowing what we’re dealing with.”

At the question, he looks around them, frowning as he does so. “In a manner of speaking.” He glances back at Fyr. “I don’t really have a home right now so this is as good as any.” He thinks of Hyaline and how he had once called it home—how it is now Mazikeen’s. There is an ache at his chest at the thought but he pushes it aside. “Monsters are usually just that,” Firion confirms, growing silent for a moment.

“Would you like to see the monster that I once was?”

As though it does not still lie within him.

so as our grief falls flat and hollow upon a billion blooded seas
    all our worst ideas are borrowed (you do and don't belong to me)

@Fyr

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We can make our own damn rules and break them too - by firion - 09-19-2021, 05:49 PM