• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I walk these lines of blasphemy every day || Any
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

When she lights up, something real that warms her mismatched eyes and reminds him of the flames he can wield, it is infectious. He grins back at her as she agrees to his request and remarks it would be fun. It becomes even bigger when she says his mother was right and challenges him to name something that she can shift into. He wants to come up with something wild and crazy, something that nobody has ever seen before. “Ok… How about this…” He starts and begins to describe something from imagination, hoping to breathe it to life through her. It has antlers like the Elkear that rut in the Pampas during autumn, it has the glowing flowered shell of the Fluertles, and the body is the miniature of the entity known here as Steve.

“Can you shift into that?” He questions her with his grin turning into something far more impish and that eagerness still shining in his feral gaze. That dark thing within him sits on his shoulder and wishes for her failure just as the goodness he fights for sits on the other side and anxiously hopes for her success. In his distraction, he is unaware of the connection to the otherworld that he leaves open and unguarded.

fyr

@Sickle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I walk these lines of blasphemy every day || Any - by Fyr - 10-08-2021, 02:47 PM