• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Set fires to my forest and let it burn [Any]

I'm coming back again
    I want to live tonight

She plays the game of a cheshire cat, holding her cheek with a clawed paw as she gazes down at him, completely unperturbed. He had spent too much time in the clutches of dark god’s, murderers, and thieves to lower his guard with the likes of her. Not with that predator gaze, not in woods like these with the legends they hold. She acknowledges that there are others (he had always suspected as much) still lurking in the dark and when she speaks of cruelty, he frowns.

It had been one thing to claim Sylva to keep it under the South’s diligent thumb. But bringing the twins here, making this Oceane’s “retirement” home? He was still leery of Sylva and this interaction seemed to only confirm everything he had felt about this place. This land wasn’t safe and might never be, how could they ever be certain that something wouldn’t come in the dead of night and harm them?

It is strange then how he is suddenly feeling quite content when she lowers a paw and bats at his swiveled ears, ever the image of a playful (terrifying) kitten. He can’t help the low chuckle that escapes him as he easily dodges her attempts, looking back up at her with a rather thoughtful expression. As the crickets begin to sing and small dots of light appear around them, he wonders if maybe she wasn’t as bad as she seemed. Perhaps he had judged this book by her cover far too harshly.

Still the bear within him is wary and stirs restlessly beneath his reddish gold skin, refusing to retract the fangs peeking from beneath his lip. He heeds the beast, agrees that he does not trust this creature. Not yet. But he is willing to give her a chance. After all she was right, she could have pounced on him long ago. If she hadn’t, maybe there was a reason why. She sits and stretches and his amusement grows as she speaks of what to call him. “I do have a name. Ledger. Ledger.. your Paladin.” He decides to play along, not seeing the harm in it for now. “And does my Hippogryph have a real name?” He casually banters back, taking a step back to give her room to land. A hippogryph… He’s not sure he’s ever heard of such a creature. Perhaps Oceane has though and he makes a note to ask her about it, whenever he finally gets to see her again.

Ledger

@Manikin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Set fires to my forest and let it burn [Any] - by Ledger - 09-03-2021, 01:04 PM