• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Set fires to my forest and let it burn [Any]

I'm coming back again
    I want to live tonight

Ledger had been broken and remade by the Dark God himself over and over again. Every brand that glows faintly in the dimness had been placed carefully by Carnage himself and most of his scars had been wrought and carved by the Dark God’s own magic. He had been cursed and gifted, had watched his life play out a story of only tragedy while remembering another life that had never truly happened (but the pain of a life worth living still burned somewhere in that dark hole inside of him) until a twilight mare saw something in him that he could not see himself. There had been plenty of days before that when he had begged for death, when he had grown mad with injustice and pain and grief, and if she had found him back then he might have taken anything she had to offer.

Now, though, was a different story. The voice that falls from the rafters of the trees finally turns his head in the right direction. His good eye lands on the strangeness of her figure as his snowy forelock falls away, revealing the claw marks and thin gray papery skin that spreads over the hollowed socket where an eye had once been before it was plucked by a massive white bear. The same bear that waits just under his skin, whose fangs protrude from beneath his upper lip as he stares up at the creature, considering her. “I don’t doubt that.” He finally says quietly, his temper easing back now that someone had finally shown themselves.

He had never doubted what lurked in these woods. There was something about Sylva that had seemed to beckon living nightmares for centuries. He has never seen anything like her before but the predator in him rumbles in his chest as his gold-flecked gaze flicks from talons to paws to feathers. All the questions she asks herself (about the wendigo and the illusionist, the demon and the dead man) are questions he has already asked himself. No, he doesn’t think he’s a match for any of those things let alone all of them together. However, the bear had a strong will to live and he doubts he would be the only one missing an eye by the time he finally fell to their bloody whimsy.

Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

”And the others?” He finally asks her, his wary gaze still turned up to her even as his ears twist back in case anyone planned on sneaking up on him while he was distracted.

Ledger

@Manikin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Set fires to my forest and let it burn [Any] - by Ledger - 08-30-2021, 10:38 AM