• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i would've crossed the stars

The tempest that had taken her over has eased and she is content to be standing beside Gale - as themselves, for now. Having him back even after a short absence has soothed her unrest, returned her for now to a beast satisfied with narrowing the world to just the two of them.

Or, their small family at least.

She wanted the entirety of Beqanna to be their hunting grounds but the truth was they had done very little with it - only visiting a small number of the lands. Cutting out one wouldn’t matter, not when they hadn’t even made it there yet anyway. These are bitter thoughts that are easy to push aside for now as Mazikeen senses things may soon start to get a little more exciting.

“If that gilded donkey manages to get our daughter here, that would be worth forgetting one land of a dozen exists.” Mazikeen wanted Sickle back. It had been a growing thought in her mind and had solidified when she met Anath. The reasons why the twins had been hidden in Tephra no longer mattered. The only thing that did matter was that Sickle was theirs and she did not intend to suffer the injustice of having someone else raise her daughter any longer.

Had Gale seen those thoughts? Or was this just another example on the long list of ways they seem to be attune to each other with no magical assistance whatsoever?

The answers to those questions are unimportant - either option was satisfactory and she’s just pleased with the news and the opportunities it presents. “And if he should fail, we can see how quickly those flowers burn.” It feels like a win either way. She will delay her own plans to retrieve the girl a short while longer to see how this deal worked out and then, if it failed, she could handle it herself.

The images he shares with her of the relations they could have with other lands send a delighted shiver down her spine. A soft purr of approval emanates from her. As much as she is content to spend time with him however they see fit, that restless heart of her wants more for them. She wants a target, wants discord and blood. Wants to see the fear in the eyes of those they fight.

For now, she desires revenge for having Sickle raised by someone else and once the girl is with them, she will find something else to want. Another excuse.

Her red-orange eyes watch as his gaze moves across the scars of her face. Mazikeen had once thought it a blessing that she had been passed out before he began to eat her but she’s found delight on the edges of his pointed teeth more than once since.

“I like when you admire your handiwork.”

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-21-2021, 06:25 AM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-21-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-21-2021, 12:07 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-21-2021, 08:21 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-22-2021, 12:58 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-23-2021, 08:49 AM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-24-2021, 06:57 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-25-2021, 03:14 PM