• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're not alone, I'm standing right beside you

She wonders what it must be like, to love someone so much you’d follow them into the ocean. There’s an ache in her heart born of never having the chance to experience something so strong. A solitary life was not a tragedy, and Agetta was sure she had made her peace with it a long time ago, but it would be nice, maybe, if one day she found more.

Her gaze sharpens on that slip - the soft, sad frown deepening into one of confusion. She’d almost forgotten how he had greeted her at the river, as though they had seen each other before that moment - and how he had been rude to her. There’s an uncomfortable prickling in the back of her mind and she is as near to scowling as she has ever been when she looks back at the ocean for a moment - unsure of how to phrase the question that she can feel building in her mind.

For now, she is distracted easily enough - first of the talk of death and then Garbage’s reassurances that he hadn’t been secretly dying to get away from the water this whole time. Agetta’s worries are not easily soothed away, but she finds reassurance in his words and the touch he offers - and she instinctively turns her head to brush a gentle touch against his dark skin in turn. Beyza could lock up memories but she cannot erase the muscle-memory that has Agetta trace lines of muscle under a dark coat without even thinking about it. Only, it is a bold action to do now and there is an embarrassed smile when she pulls back and turns her attention to the sea again.

“Well so long as you’re not being tortured by being here with me.” She replies with a grin, knowing her company is far too bland to be torturous. Except maybe through boredom for those who wished a more exciting life. She was content with hers, as shallow as it felt. Like she was only standing knee-deep in the ocean with the whole rest of it laying before her just out of reach.

Her eyes shine with the changing light as she stands next to him and watches the horizon. “It’s been a weird day. But a happy ending, at least.” With his memories being returned, with that wrong being fixed. “I’ll be sorry to see you go, Garbage. But I hope our paths will cross again.”

AGETTA

@garbage
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're not alone, I'm standing right beside you - by Agetta - 09-23-2021, 01:55 PM