• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and all the other dreams that we left alone
    NEMEON
    Nemeon’s eyes do not drift down from the halo until the girl says that she is not made of the sun. Only then does he meet her gaze, see the small smile she offers him instead of the answer he had hoped for. Disappointment creeps in, though it is quickly squashed. Of course she wouldn’t be the sun - how could he look at her if she was? He would have turned to stone the moment the light from her halo entered his dark world.

The grey colt adjusts his leathery wings at his sides and takes a step back, remembering himself now that he is actively trying to think of things other than her halo.

His eyes keep slipping upwards, though he doesn’t mean for it to happen.

With a squeeze of those wings, his golden eyes are back down to her gaze, when he offers “Nemeon. I’m Nemeon.” And then, belatedly, he realizes how odd his question must have been and he quickly tries to fill up the silence with more words. “I’ve never seen the sun, I’ve always wondered what it’s like.” His sister has explained it to him so often she's grown tired of every time he's asked, but every description feels unsatisfactory. He just knows it creates a world of warmth and gold and not the silvery, shadow world he is trapped within.

@baptiste
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and all the other dreams that we left alone - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 07:49 PM