• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And I know it will get better [Any]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

There is a conviction in her that he rather envies. A confidence in who she was, her abilities, a way she settles so easily into her own skin. To be so young and confident (he can’t mistake it for anything else), what would that have felt like if he had embraced the shift instead of running from it all those years ago? She smiles and places herself in a category all her own, separate from even her siblings. He can’t help but smile back, charmed by her certainty and curious to the wariness that sometimes flickers through her expression or, like now, comes out in her voice when she mentions being unsure of where her abilities exactly came from.

“If you were Made, I think you would remember.” He says gently then pauses, wondering if perhaps that’s not exactly true. Oceane had not always been the wish granter she was now and she hadn’t clawed her way through trial and ordeal to do so. “Though I can only speak to my experience I suppose.” He amends after this thought, turning his good eye back to her. “I’m just glad that I can do it.” He is quiet for a moment, reflecting on those words and trying to see where they registered with him. “Me too.” He finally admits, surprised at how easy it was to decide so. It hadn’t always been that way.

They are beautiful antlers and seem to fit her, as if they had always been there. However he is quick to realize they may be a soft spot, observant as ever to the subtle way her muscles flex when he asks about them. The impression that she is not keen to truly speak of them makes him all the more curious but he is silent, giving her the space and liberty to speak more if she wished. Eventually she does and his smile fades slightly, a tremor of tension thrumming through his freed heart. “I’m sure you only did what you had to.” He offers quietly. Despite the predator that lurked inside him, he was not a killer at heart. From the way she guards herself, despite the predator in her, he doesn’t think she is one either.

Ledger

@Aislyn

Messages In This Thread
    And I know it will get better [Any] - by Ledger - 08-12-2021, 04:06 PM
    RE: And I know it will get better [Any] - by Ledger - 09-10-2021, 01:43 PM