• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  she keeps me alive; Ciri

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

She had yet to find the cremello mare lacking, in any way or form. The absence of hair falling from her arched mane is not missed, on anyone else she might have noticed. But on Lo, it is fitting as if the hair would only distract from the natural beauty already there. The snowy mare settles beside her and whispers back and Ciri smiles faintly, for a moment her red stars glittering with gold. Her companion mumbles about the sparsity of the cave and she chuckles softly while mentally scolding herself for her lack of hospitality. She had grown so use to sleeping out in the open or on rough stone that she had forgotten that other’s held different standards for comfort than she did. “I’ll work on that.” She says quietly, coming to the same realization that Lo had and glancing at her quickly.

The white mare is adjusting herself and suddenly she is enveloped in one of those large feather soft wings and it is exactly as she had thought it would be. Warm, fleecy. Safe. She is drawn beneath the comfort of her wing and while her heart thrills at the touch of another, her exhaustion takes precedence. Yes, yes she was still glad. Glad that Lo had not backed down or folded beneath her anger, glad that she hadn’t been easy to chase away. She can feel the soft brush of her muzzle against hers and Ciri moves in closer as her response, for warmth of course. Tucked beneath that outstretched wing, she curls into the other’s side and nestles herself until her head rests against that maneless neck, breathing her in.

Tired eyelids fall heavily over the slowing swirls of her metallic gaze but before she slips into slumber, she murmurs something to her. There is no promise she can make to spare her. No promise that she can make that Leokadia will not become hurt because of her (or by her) if she insists on staying. But there is one thing she can swear on and one promise she can extract in return. “If he comes here, you must leave.” She breathes into the softness of creamy fur beside her. “I’ll die again before he touches you.” She sighs and then there is only the gentle rise and fall of her sides and soft rhythmic breath that let’s Lo know that she is asleep.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leokadia

Messages In This Thread
    she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-10-2021, 03:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-10-2021, 08:17 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-13-2021, 02:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-13-2021, 05:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-15-2021, 10:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-16-2021, 06:19 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-19-2021, 11:44 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-24-2021, 01:35 PM