• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  love still binds us, family finds us
    Leilan
    If there’s one thing that Leilan was never good at, it was playing by the rules. Sure, he was good at pretending, especially when in a position of power, such as, you know, king of Icicle Isle and all of the North. Or in this case as the, what’s it, third-ranked northerner, if rulers of territories took second place before the defender of the realm.

Hmm, he should ask Nash to change the title, or at least in name. It sounds more fancy.

If there was another thing Leilan was never good at (ah, see, we broke the first rule by using two things instead of one), it would be staying put. Especially when everything and everyone knows that he should.

Luck would have it that ice is abundant on Icicle Isle. That allows him to stay and watch the kingdom, sort-of, anyway. It only takes numerous open one-way portals and an animal companion with wings and hawk-eye, no, falcon-eye vision, to watch his back, to be able to continue on his quest. Some days he wonders why he never thought of it before, and frankly the only answer is that this is more boring and born out of necessity. He would rather have walked, or teleported, or both.

Toskr has landed in the lonely tree at the lake after dissecting a snow hare and then eating every last hair of the animal (one would wonder whether the dissection was necessary), overseeing their surroundings while the ice magician is searching. Throughout Beqanna, portals open and close while he randomly places them - mostly in the common lands, because if she has quite literally surfaced, and hasn’t returned, it is probably not in a kingdom that he will find her. They’re shielded, hidden, and wouldn’t allow anyone to enter - only made to carry oneself away from the Isle if the need arrives. He can’t leave, not right now, he promised not to, but at least he would like the option. It feels better, that way, in a way.

What are the odds? Low, certainly. He almost closes the portal again before he realizes it is her, then checks again and gives the white and spotted falcon a side-eyed look. Warn me when anyone enters or calls for me?

The scaled roan warily eyes his portal. It’s warm where she is, so the journey back would be longer.

But oh, what the heck. This promise stood long before the one he is technically breaking, and he wouldn’t be stopping that Curse on his own anyway. Besides, there’s no-one here that it would want right now. Not when Nash and Ciri are out.

He steps through and snorts. What bad timing. Finally he can fulfill his promise to Yan, but now the youngster has run off with a chicken. Oh well. One problem at a time.

She seems to be staring at something other than her reflection, but when she turns she tries to focus. A little late though, to not recognize him immediately, but that’s fine. Now he can quip back easily.

”What a coincidence. So am I,” he says, joking only on the surface, like always.
    something so right
    doing the wrong thing

@lilliana
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love still binds us, family finds us - by Leilan - 08-18-2021, 03:07 PM