• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Pink Elephant in the room - Reave
    Curiosity did plague her whenever Cheri got to thinking about Reave’s head and what went on inside it. He’d always been an acute and quick learner, unafraid to live his youth as intelligently and boldly as a horse many years his senior while Cheri spent hers under a gauze of dreamy perfection - right up until the Eclipse. She blinked and the first memory that came to mind behind her dark lids was of the mountain.

They’d been there together at the very end of the world. Along with her mother, sister, and a whole slew of others, Reave had been called by the fairies to try and return the sun. Every horse who came was given a choice to try and save the magic entities in order to restore balance or serve as bait for the monsters. They’d made opposite choices, and Cheri died because of it.

“I said yes because I could.” She told him. Because she just as easily could’ve said no and chosen another path. “When I awoke the day after it was like an awareness dawned on me. My world expanded tenfold and my eyes set themselves on a higher destination.”

Obscene called her spoiled. Cheri had thought that some divine justice was involved, actually. That she was preternaturally inclined towards being lucky, or that maybe she could manifest the desired outcome by simply believing it would come to pass. Sometimes she caught herself wondering if somewhere out there, beyond the void of the blue-domed sky, something had caught her mortal spirit wandering between the rifts of this world and poured itself into her flesh. Anything was possible.

“I might as well do something with it all.” Cheri claimed passively. Her smile declared that she was, in fact, very motivated indeed. But so far she’d wasted enough of her coz’s valuable time. He’d committed to her meeting and it was important she go south to Taiga for a visit before night fell. Her twin Reynard hadn’t checked in and there was still the matter of her youngest siblings - Saturnelle, Wit, and baby Cerf - to attend to before she made the extensive journey to Icicle Isle.

“Thank you for your help, Reave.” Cheri told him sincerely. She hated the notion of goodbye with anyone else, but her family especially. “Winter couldn’t come quickly enough.”

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:11 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-09-2021, 09:04 AM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-11-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-16-2021, 02:59 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-17-2021, 12:34 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-17-2021, 03:37 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-24-2021, 09:25 AM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-30-2021, 12:23 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-31-2021, 10:38 AM