• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Pink Elephant in the room - Reave

a bright and dangerous spark

There is no such thing as sand in an hourglass for them. So time becomes less of an importance and more of a novelty, able to be spent however an immortal likes. They - herself and Reave and others like them - have instead the gift of whiling away hours, days, even months on passing interests without the fear of time suddenly running out. A fact that Cheri finds is both beautiful and alarming, thanks to Chemdog’s input.

While waiting for Reave, she thinks about the reality of death. Immortals have died before, thanks to magic. It’s possible that some day Cheri could die as well, that her mother and father could wither away. Apparently her father’s first wife had died and been reborn from a flower bud. Cheri thought it safe to say that anything was clearly possible.

But if that were the case, then why wasn’t she reaching farther?
    Why was she wasting her gift of eternal life?

For a moment her thoughts ceased, erased by the sound of hooves approaching. Cheri hadn’t seen the small speck of bird in the distance, or maybe she had but she’d assumed it was a regular bird and not Reave’s soul-companion. Either way the steps disturb her out of a deep contemplation, and she looks toward their source with a smile - expecting it to be Reave anyways because who else would think (or be able) to come here?

And to her delight, the assumption is rewarded with her relative’s appearance. He looks as healthy as ever, though the sight of him always seems to draw back those years of adolescence long gone. It’s still hard to see Reave for what he was: leader of Nerine, strapping and slightly off-putting with his armor of bone. A real confident type. Nothing like the leggy colt who encouraged Cheri’s truly devious nature, lighting that fire of adventure inside of her since their first visit to Loess.

Cheri had never told him, but Reave was the reason she chose the Southern Kingdom.

The chestnut stallion with eyes like tempered steel had always been a favorite of hers since. “Our last conversation was so enlightening, I came back for another.” She laughed at him, now that her winged companion had finally settled near to her. Their world stretched out far below them, impossibly large and incredibly breathtaking.

Cheri decided to cut to the heart of the matter. She was focused in the present, and even though she wanted to remain here with Reave for hours it seemed more prudent to keep her sight focused on the end goal rather than to be distracted by an offshoot of pleasantry. For a young immortal that was hard; theirs was a world made for constant distractions. But Cheri was also determined. She refused to be swayed any further; Reave was a critical factor to the success or failure of her overall design. Best to just set the bone freshly broken.

“I’m on my way north to Uncle Nashua.” Cheri explained, curious about what the Nerinian stallion might be thinking and doing very little to disguise it. “I want you both to come South to Loess, discuss an accord between the two Kindgoms. The stars seem too fatefully aligned - you, myself, uncle Nash… ” Cheri insinuated, knowing Reave would connect the dots. He’d always been frightfully good at that. “I think we should discuss becoming one united front. The first to ever do it. I think now, more than ever, it could happen.”

No promises. No grand scheme or worked out plan. Just them - her family - flying South to meet with herself, Oceane, and that damned Prince of the Pampas so they could talk about it.

Which reminded her. “I think I’ve even come to terms with Obscene about our … differences.” Cheri chuckled, tossing her forelock as casually as someone would flip their hair mid-conversation. A nervous habit, perhaps. Easily overlooked. “Would you come?” Cheri asked of Reave, genuinely curious to hear his reply.
    Full-sized image link

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:11 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-09-2021, 09:04 AM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-11-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-16-2021, 02:59 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-17-2021, 12:34 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-17-2021, 03:37 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Reave - 08-24-2021, 09:25 AM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Reave - by Cheri - 08-30-2021, 12:23 PM