• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sold my soul to the calling; Iliana
    I L I A N A

She can feel some of her apprehension beginning to ease away when she notices the colt seems a little unsure of this, like her. She did not consider herself particularly shy or meek but she was in unfamiliar territory. All her short life she has been surrounded by those that already knew her inside and out—her mother and father, and of course her twin sister.

Now, she is faced with the task of trying to decide what this stranger needs to know, and she wavers between thinking she has to tell him everything, to second-guessing that idea and not wanting to tell him anything at all.

“I’m not sure,” she tells him with a thoughtful frown, trying to think if she has ever seen anyone outside of her own family that shifts into a panther. “My dad, and some of my brothers and sisters are the only ones I know.” She knows too that there are shapeshifters that can turn into anything, but there was something to be said for the connection that came from only being able to shift into one thing. Her panther form was simply her, and she could not imagine ever being anything else.

“And maybe some of my dad’s other kids too, but I’ve never met them. My mom says he used to be a casanova and that there’s a lot of them,” she repeats the word she had heard Ryatah teasingly use, even though she doesn’t know what it means. She assumes it wasn’t anything too awful because all her father had done was roll his eyes. She knows between her two parents she has a lot of half siblings, but other than the ones that live in Hyaline—the quiet dragon shifter, and the ice angel and his rose and gray twin sister—Iliana didn’t give any of them much thought.

“Do you have any brothers or sisters?” she asks him with a tentative smile and another cautious step forward. “I have a twin sister, her name is Baptiste.” Saying her sister’s name suddenly makes her realize she had never introduced herself and she can feel her face flush hot with embarrassment, her rose-gold eyes widening a little as she adds in a rush, “And my name is Iliana.”
    -- the shadow is mine, and so is the valley

@Vital

Messages In This Thread
    sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Vital - 08-02-2021, 12:18 PM
    RE: sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Iliana - 10-09-2021, 01:24 AM